RESPONSIBLE TO: IFOAM EU Group Coordinator
To administer the Brussels IFOAM EU Group office efficiently and professionally, providing administrative support to Coordinator and organisational support to the IFOAM EU Group and its work.
· Administer the IFOAM EU Group office and keep records up to date.
· Assist the Coordinator in managing the daily finances.
· Provide administrative support to the Coordinator, including typing, travel arrangements, holiday and absence records, monitoring departmental diary/activity planner, being first point of contact and taking messages for the office.
· Organise meetings including booking and logistics, registration, minuting and follow up.
· Maintain the electronic communication system within the office and the IFOAM EU Group, keeping it up-to-date and on-subject.
· Provide organisational support in public relations, including webpage, press releases, articles and public events.
· Produce reports and other information when needed.
· Respond to telephone and written enquiries and send out promotional or other material as requested.
· Track purchase orders and expenditure before passing on for authorisation.
· Undertake general administrative duties including filing, ordering stationery, franking mail and photocopying.
· Undertake any other tasks as requested by the Coordinator.
JOB TITLE: ADMINISTRATOR
Education & Qualifications
· Educated to higher level education or equivalent
Experience - Essential
· At least 1 years administrative and organisational experience
· Experience in a variety of IT applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
Experience - Desirable
· Experience of food production or processing
· Experience in organic food and farming sector
· Experience in other non-governmental organisation
· Good organisational skills
· Good administration skills
· Good verbal and written communication skills in English and French
· Preferably additional language
· Good minute taking skills
· Touch typing
· Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
· Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Meticulous, with good attention to detail
· Flexible to adapt to special working
· Enthusiastic and cheerful manner
· Good sense of humour
· Empathy with the aims and objectives of the IFOAM EU Group
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Full time position, based in Brussels .
Office hours are 9.00 a.m. – 5 p.m. , Monday to Friday, 38.5 hours/week.
25 days holiday per annum.
Gross salary €19,000-22,000 per annum subject to qualifications and experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS:? Monday 8 May 2006
Applications to be sent to: ?email@example.com